We are getting closer to making the decision on a console…kind of. I spent a good part of the week reviewing the consoles and talking with customers from both products. As I was reviewing the requirements with the technical sales staff of both companies, I came to an interesting conclusion. Soundcraft recommended that we look at moving from looking at the Vi6 to the Studer Vista 5 SR. We had not looked at this console because it was out of our price range, but they have some options that might get it into range. At this tim,e our requirements are greater than the capabilities of the Vi6. Soundcraft will be add to the Vi6 and meet todays requirements for a console, but really doesn’t give us much room for growth in the future.
At this point in the process I’m not really interested in reviewing another product, but I did tell the folks at Soundcraft I would give them a few days to get an updated proposal to us. If it seem interesting we would need to schedule a demo of the console as soon as possible. I have heard good things about the Studer. Grainger Community Church just installed three Studer consoles. We just have to wait and see what they come up with. In the mean time if you are interested, have a look at the Studer.