Last Sunday was again a great day of worship. The choir was again sounding better than before the EQ change we made last week. Today we moved some of the worship to the end of the service and the songs were an extension of the message. It was an awesome change. I had spent most of my week in the lift working on refocusing some of the lighting. We also hung some new source four pars for color wash. My goal was to get even video lighting for Pastor Mark and really improve on the praise team lighting. The praise team wash was a big improvement. I don’t know if I will ever get it “perfect,” but it was much improved. Our pastor wash was not awful, but over all was a little dim and had a few dark spots on the edges of the lighting. When I was up in the air, I found that we had a mix of 19 degree and 26 degree ellipsoidal fixtures in the lighting for the pastor. This was leading to some hot spots. I was able to replace all of the tubes to 19 degree but two. This left me 2 spots on the stage that were only covered by 26 degree fixtures and gave us big dark spots. You can guess where Pastor wanted to stand… Yup in the dark spots. My video directors, Tim and Jason had their hands full shading the cameras. 19 degree tubes replacing the 26 degrees are on my list for this week to fix.On Wednesday, Tim and I decided to move one of our cameras to a new position. This camera’s previous position was only really useful for shooting up stage and was very limited during the message. We moved the camera back about 15 feet and over toward the center about 25 feet. We can now take down stage shots until about the center of the stage. Still not great, but a much better position.I would love to know how many church technical production teams are using light meters to set wash lighting for video….